Saturday, August 10, 2013

Update - 8/10/13

Written by Jessica and Josh -

Today has been an extremely hard day. Max had a CT scan this morning that showed the infarction, or stroke, that he had actually did hemorrhage. Now that they knew this the risk of doing the procedure to break down the clot in his neck sky rocketed. It will almost certainly cause the bleed in his brain to bleed more and it is a 20% chance that it would kill him. For now the decision is to wait and see if the medication will help enough to allow his body to break down the clots. They also found that there are several clots in his brain and that is completely stopping the flow of drainage through the normal veins on his left side. His body has compensated with some small vessels to drain the blood somewhat. On top of this, Max has had other complications and the dr. told us today that he believed Maxwell has a 90-100 percent chance of dying. It is so hard to see our son with his head so swollen and his tiny little body so beat up. Sometimes it is just too heartbreaking to handle. We have seen miracles in his life and we have full faith that they will continue and that he will live. We are so thankful that Max is still with us and we praise God for that. However, we want everyone to know that no matter what happens to our son, or what he has to endure, we will always praise God. Even if the miracles we want to happen don’t happen the way we want, we will praise our God, for He sent His Son to suffer so much more for all of us. As I looked down on my son today I thought how difficult it is to see him like this and then I thought of how much more difficult it must have been for our Father in Heaven to send His Son to earth being fully aware of what was going to be asked of Him. This is why I praise Him, because without the power of the Atonement I don’t know how I would be able to continue on. Jesus not only suffered for my sins but he suffered all of my sorrows. When the pain is too much for me to bear I can give it over to Him and He has taken it. He has picked me up and eased my burdens more times than I can count in the past 4 weeks. “The Savior’s suffering in Gethsemane and His agony on the cross redeem us from sin by satisfying the demands that justice has upon us. He extends mercy and pardons those who repent. The Atonement also satisfies the debt justice owes to us by healing and compensating us for any suffering we innocently endure” (Redemption by D. Todd Christofferson April 2013, http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/04/redemption?lang=eng). Through the power of the Atonement my heart has been healed over and over again. Through the power of the Atonement my son is being watched over and protected. The Savior has suffered my sorrows so that I do not need to feel them so intently. I have so many reasons to sing praises to my God and Savior and I want the world to know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment