Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Update 8/6/13

Rather than trying to provide an update myself, I decided to share directly what my sister wrote on his facebook page late last night-

"Tonight has been a difficult one. The swelling to Max’s head got significantly worse today. They did an ultrasound on his neck and found a blood clot in his left vein. The vein on his right side of neck is compromised because that is where the ECMO lines were in. The blood is going up to his head but neither of the main veins in his neck is allowing that blood to drain. There are some small vessels that are still allowing some drainage, but it is not a lot. His head is very swollen right now. This does not happen often with babies so they were not sure what action they were going to take. They eventually decided they were going to put him on a blood thinner and over several days this would hopefully solve the problem. Before they were going to start the medication they did an ultrasound on his head to see how his brain was doing. They found a hemorrhage and a portion of his right brain is not getting oxygen. The doctors are not sure what to do at this point. At this time they are not going to start him on blood thinners to resolve the clot as this would make the bleeding in his brain worse. Treatment for the bleeding in the brain would make the blood clot worse and treatment for the clot would make the bleeding in the brain worse. The clot is making more pressure on his brain which is making the situation even worse, but they don’t know how to get rid of it. All of the different departments are communicating with each other to try to come up with a plan of action. Maxwell really needs your prayers tonight. Josh was able to give him a priesthood blessing tonight and I know that the power of the priesthood is real. I know that God can perform miracles today. Miracles are not something that only happened in the past. We have seen them many times already in Max’s short little life and I know that if it is God’s will it can happen again. I was able to spend some time with Max tonight while he was awake after we found out all of this news. My time with my son awake is always very precious to me. This time I told him how much we love him. I told him that his Father in Heaven and Jesus love him so much more than we can even understand. As I was telling him this I had no doubt that our Father in Heaven is looking over my sweet little boy. As I stood there alone talking to my boy I felt comfort and peace. I have always thought that there were angels with Max but tonight I felt them there with me. At this scary point in my life I felt their arms around me, helping me be strong so that my son wouldn’t see me upset. I just want everyone that I know, to understand that I know there is a God and that He loves all of his children. He will provide a way to give us comfort in these difficult times. If we turn to Him, He will not leave us alone."

No comments:

Post a Comment